Helpful Hints for
Adding a new Building to the Policy
In most cases, we will need to gather the necessary information in person to add a new building to the policy. Your organization can speed up the time frame by providing the following:
- Physical address of the building & date you took ownership
- Planned usage of the building
- Age of the building and updates (such as age of roof, heating/ cooling system)
- Type of construction
- Purchase Price
- Complete Mortgage information, if applicable. If the loan organization provided any written instructions, please forward them by fax to our office. Be sure to get their fax number and contact person’s name
Insurance for Building Construction Projects (new building/additions & major renovations)
Contact our office as we will need to gather information on the planned construction project.
- Things to Consider before You Build: Builders Risk General Information
- Supplemental Construction survey Form: In order to get a quote or to have our office add Builders Risk Coverage please have a representative of your organization or your General Contractor complete the Builders Risk Supplemental APP (as best they can and return to our office by fax, email or mail.
Certificates of Insurance
- Requesting a Certificate of Insurance: In order to get a Certificate of Insurance issued correctly and promptly, there is basic information that needs to be provided. Please review the form provided in your policy three ring binder under the “Miscellaneous” tab. You can simply call the information into our office or complete the form and fax it to our office at fax # 215-721-5753. If the organization requesting the certificate provided any written instructions, please forward them by fax to our office. Be sure to get their fax number and contact person’s name.
- How to Read a Certificate of Insurance: Please read these Certificate of Insurance Instructions and view this Certificate of Insurance Sample.
Performing a Workers’ Compensation Audit
Often our agents and customer service representatives get asked about what they need to include when competing a Workers’ Compensation Audit. In order to better service our customers, we have provided an attached document (FAQ Workers Comp) that will help answer many of the typical questions we get asked.
Adding or Deleting Mortgagee
When you need to add or delete a Mortgagee, please call our office with the following information: complete name, address and fax number of mortgagee, loan number, and effective date. Please be sure to let us know if this replaces another mortgagee. If the mortgagee provided any written instructions, please fax them to our office.
Adding or Deleting an Automobile
When you need to add or delete a vehicle from your automobile policy, please call our office with the following information: year, make and model of vehicle, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and the effective date of the change. When adding a new vehicle, we will use the same comp and collision deductibles as the other vehicles on your policy unless you tell us otherwise.
Adding or Deleting a Loss Payee for Leased Equipment or Vehicles
When adding or deleting a loss payee for leased equipment or vehicles, please call our office with the following information: complete name, address and fax number of lender, loan number, and effective date. For leased equipment, we will also need the type of equipment, serial number and estimated replacement value. Please note, once the leased equipment is added to your policy, there is no need to purchase additional insurance from the leasing company. If the leasing company provided any written instructions, please fax them to our office.
Muroff Law Firm
The Muroff Law Firm has had close ties with JPA and its partners for many years. Serving non-profit clients, the Muroff Law Firm advises on matters of government, community relations, communications, and direct legislative and executive branch advocacy. Their services include (but are not limited to) leading efforts to secure capital funding for large projects, compliance support, advisory opinions, and designing strategies to impact the legislative process. JPA highly recommends the Muroff Law Firm, especially Dan Muroff for any non-profit organization needing legal assistance! They can be reached at (215) 917-4410 or by email at email@example.com.
On Call International
Although JPA has many options for its customers for travel insurance, JPA only uses and recommends “On Call.”
On Call International is a global Travel Risk Management firm that helps organizations travel more safely. They assist with non-emergent issues such as lost passports, lost luggage, lost prescription and international medical referrals, all the way through emergency medical and political/security/natural disaster evacuations and Accident & Sickness coverage. Can you imagine your people overseas in a crisis and don’t know who to contact if they were part of a crime, lost their medicine, lost luggage, in a cab and don’t speak the language and the driver is taking them somewhere they don’t know, or they break their leg and don’t know the closed appropriate medical facility? All they have to do is call On Call International with 1 number to have a piece of mind in a crisis situation. A few services they offer are:
- Medical/ political Security Evacuation
- International Accident and Sickness insurance coverage
- Guarantee of Payment for Medical Expenses
- Travel Tracking, monitoring, mobile app and proactive intelligence
Contact John Dugan at 603-328-1311 for more information.